Students can be placed into as many different groups as required. This makes it easier to add and analyse data and to email parents.
TO CREATE A GROUP
1. Decide if you want your group to only be visible to you or selected teachers (Choose MY) or whether you want the group to be visible to all staff and have the ability to email the parent of these students (choose SHARED).
2. Click on the GROUPS AND CLASSES icon
3. Click either MY or SHARED. Here you will see your existing groups under the headings set up by your school's site administrator. (These can be added by going to the Administration Menu > Basic Options > Group Types)
4. Click CREATE A GROUP
5. Name your group
6. Label your group (a short version of the Group Name)
7. Click on Group Type and select a heading for your group to sit under
8. Add the names of the teachers you want to be associated with the group. Start typing their name and their profile will appear. Click to select
9. To help make your group easily identifiable, you can either drag and drop an image or browse for an image to add to your group. If you choose not to add an image, your profile picture will display
10. You may wish to click SAVE GROUP at this point
11. Click STUDENTS
12. To add a student or students: Start typing their name and their profile will appear. Click to select then SAVE GROUP
13. To add multiple students: Click PICK FROM A CLASS, select the class the students are in, tick the students you wish to add and click DONE
Note: To select all the students in the class, tick the box next to FIRST NAME then click DONE
14. To add multiple students from multiple classes: Click the class dropdown to select another class. Tick the students. Repeat until you have added all the students you require then click DONE
15. Click SAVE GROUP
16. Your new group will now be visible in the MY or SHARED groups area
Article is closed for comments.