When you have created a list using Hero's List builder, you are able to filter or sort your list to make the information that you are viewing more relevant to you.
SORTING DATA BY COLUMN
To sort the data in a column either alphabetically or numerically, click on the blue column heading.
Click on the column heading again to sort in the descending order.
- Enter "!*" in the filter box to display only those rows that have no detail (i.e. blank) in the filtered column. This is very useful when searching for students with no House entered or perhaps no Parent Account.
- Enter "*" in the filter box to display only those rows that have detail in the filter column. (will exclude those with no detail)
Special Filtering Characters
- The "!" filter character represents NOT so can precede any other filter e.g !Red would exclude those rows with Red in the column.
- The "*" filter character represents BLANK.
- ">", "<" and "=" can be used for numeric fields e.g. Year Level
FILTER STUDENTS BY CLASS, GROUP OR YEAR LEVEL
For a STUDENT list, you can filter to show a specific class, group or year level by typing the required filter into the Filter by Group or Filter by Year Level box. Multiple selections can be made. Click on the options you require. The Groups available for selection include all Auto Groups, all Shared Groups and your own My Groups.