Assessment data can be uploaded in bulk for your students by a Hero Administrator with the Import Assessment Data function.
UPLOADING ASSESSMENT DATA
1. Create or download a .csv file of your assessment data.
You must ensure that:
- You have one .csv file per test
- Your .csv includes the columns containing the student NSN, date of test and the name of the module(s) with grades entered below.
e.g. the below screenshot is a csv file for uploading Running Records with PROBE. It is not necessary to have the name columns but this can be helpful to identify if all students are included.
2. In HERO click Import Data in the Administration Menu
3. Click Assessment Data (Grades)
4. Select your assessment data file to upload either by dragging it into the Drop here box or by clicking browse to find it on your computer.
If you wish to change the file to upload, click REMOVE and then choose a new file as above
5. Click NEXT
6. Select the name of the assessment you are uploading from the drop down list.
This list includes all assessments in your Hero site. If you need to create an assessment see the articles Adding a New Assessment
7. The next view will show you three columns:
- Uploaded data is the column headings found in your .csv file.
- Module are the fields you would like your data to be imported into.
- Available Modules are the modules available in the assessment you have selected.
Modules will automatically map where matches are found. If matches are not found you will need to match to available modules.
If you do not see the modules that you are trying to upload, check you have selected the correct assessment or edit the assessment to include the correct modules. See the help article Editing an Existing Assessment
8. Click NEXT
9. Check your assessment data is being mapped correctly and click NEXT to upload or BACK to make changes.
10. The import will process and confirm how many grades were added in total.
11. Click DONE
You can now view this assessment data for your students individually in their Assessment Overview or as a group through Assessment Snapshots and Progress Snapshots
Note: you must have your school term dates set for the date your historic data for which has been entered in order for it to be displayed in the correct term on your students. See Setting your School's Term Dates and Closed Days