The Debtors' List is a balance only report, however it does separate the values into separate columns for easy analysis and reporting of Donations, Non-Donations and Payment in advance.
This is the best report for identifying a student with a Payment in Advance that can be allocated to an outstanding Line Item.
TO CREATE YOUR DEBTORS' LIST
1. Navigate to the Administration menu. If you have a wide-screen device this will already be visible on the left-hand side of your screen. If not, click on the Administration menu icon at the top left-hand side of your screen.
2. Under the heading Administration click on Finance.
3. Click DEBTORS REPORT to display a table of students with non-zero balances
4. The following report will be displayed
- Unpaid Invoices - Line Items billed that are not flagged as donations
- Unpaid Donations - Line Items billed that are flagged as donations
- Invoice Credits - Payments received against Invoices
- Donation Credits - Payments received against Donations
- Unallocated PIA - Funds received in advance that have not yet been allocated to a Line Item
- Balance - Total balance for this student taking in all balances as above
- Debt Balance - Balance of Unpaid Invoices - Invoice Credits
5. Sort your list
You can click the arrow beside the column heading to sort your list. The arrow will only appear when the cursor is placed on the heading name. Click again to sort in the opposite direction.
6. Filter your list
The blank area below the column heading is a filter field. It enables you to select the specific group of students you need.
Enter the desired selection into the filter box. This may be a specific Student, Room or Year Level
or a Balance. > < can be used as filter characters on any of the balance fields.
7. To find students that have Payments in advance to be allocated plus Unpaid Invoices to allocate them against, use this filter combination.
8. To produce a Debtors' Report for a previous date, enter, or select from the calendar, the date required and click GENERATE.
9. The Debtors' Report can be downloaded as a .csv file, an Excel file or Printed directly. Choose from the buttons above the list.