In the process of customising the goals you want staff and students to use, there may be some goals you wish to delete. Generally, this is a simple process. A software administrator can navigate to Administration> Goals> Subject and click the rubbish bin icon next to the goal they wish to remove. However, if the goal has already been set for a student, the Hero software will prevent you from removing it and you will see this error message:
To overcome this you can follow these steps below.
Note: if your goals are set to generate Best Fit Levels, you need to turn this off, make the required deletions and then turn it back on again. Deleting goal states may have an impact on the Best Fit explanation in the Progress Changelog for previously set Best Fits.
DELETING A GOAL THAT HAS ALREADY BEEN USED
1. Navigate to the Administration menu. If you have a wide-screen device this will already be visible on the left-hand side of your screen. If not, click on the Administration menu icon at the top left-hand side of your screen.
2. Under the heading Site Setup select Goals
3. Click on the set of goals you wish to edit
4. Click on the pencil icon next to the goal you wish to delete
5. This will open the edit box which includes a DELETE GOAL STATES button. Click this to delete all records where this goal has been set for a student (this is a goal state).
6. Confirm your deletion by clicking DELETE STATES
Note: This cannot be undone. All records of any students currently working on that goal or having completed that goal will be removed.
7. Once this process has completed you will be able to delete the goal by clicking the rubbish bin icon.
REMOVING GOAL STATES FOR GROUPS OF GOALS
You are also able to remove goal states for groups of goals at Subcategory, Category and Subject Level if you are wishing to delete more than one goal or a group of goals.
Remove goal states by subject
1. Click DELETE SUBJECT GOAL STATES
Remove goal states by Category or Subcategory
1. Click the pencil icon to edit the category or subcategory
2. Click DELETE ALL GOAL STATES
You will now be able to delete the goals that you have removed the goal states and subsequently the Subcategory then Category then Subject if you wish.
Note: The deletion of goal sets is cascading. You must delete all individual goals before you can delete a category or subcategory of goals.