Transfers from Payment in Advance to other Line Items will be uploaded to Xero via the Transfer Transaction List, as Transfers do not appear on the Bank Reconciliation Report. These will create a Journal in Xero which will credit the appropriate Ledgers and debit the Hero Payment in Advance Ledger in Xero.
A negative transfer (a refund from a line item back to Payment in advance) is currently unavailable for selection. These will require manual processing in Xero. You will need to create a Journal in Xero which will debit the appropriate Ledgers and credit the Hero Payment in Advance Ledger in Xero. NB: These will not display batch numbers in Hero so keep a manual note.
UPLOADING A TRANSFER BATCH TO XERO
1. Navigate to the Administration menu. If you have a wide-screen device this will already be visible on the left-hand side of your screen. If not, click on the Administration menu icon at the top left-hand side of your screen.
2. Under the heading Administration click on Finance
3. Click TRANSACTION REPORTING
4. Enter the date range that relates to the transfer you wish to upload and select Transfers from the dropdown selection list.
5. Click TRANSACTION LIST
6. The Transaction List will provide you with a list of all PIA transfers within the date range selected. The checkbox will not be available if:
- They have already been uploaded to Xero (a batch number will be present in the last column)
- The Ledger is not synchronised with Xero
- The transfer is between siblings so is not affecting any other Ledger
7. Click the checkbox against the transfers you wish to include. This will enable the Xero Upload buttons at the top of the table.
8. Click UPLOAD SELECTED TRANSACTIONS TO XERO
This will create a DRAFT manual journal in Xero with a line per Ledger total. The transfer transaction will be stamped with the batch number of the Journal and a record will be created in the Xero Log file.
9. This is what the batch will look like in Xero.
Note: This is a Draft batch so will need to be Posted in order to update the relevant Ledgers.
10. To view the Hero batch in the Log file. Select VIEW XERO LOGS. The status will update in the log file when updated in Xero.
PROCESSING MANUALLY POSTED TRANSFERS
When beginning your Xero integration journey you will need to remove from selection, all transfer transactions that have already been manually posted in Xero. There may be times throughout the journey when manual postings are required. Transfers are able to be marked as already posted. This will give them a batch number of 0.
1. Navigate to the Transfer Transaction List
2. Select the transfers that have been manually posted in Xero.
3. Click MARK SELECTED TRANSACTIONS AS ALREADY POSTED