Once a School Booking Event has been created it passes through several stages of accessibility. Only a staff member with Administrator access can move the event through its various stages.
While an event is in draft, it can only be accessed by an Administrator. It is at this stage that changes can be made to the event prior to any bookings being taken.
1. Click the Pencil icon to edit the event details i.e. change dates/times, change teacher/interview groups combinations or change the access setting.
2. Click the Trash icon to cancel the event. This action cannot be undone.
3. Click the Calendar icon to open the event to staff. This will enable the ability to set breaks and enter bookings.
OPEN TO STAFF
Once the event is open to staff, administrators can enter break times and manual bookings. Teachers can also block out slots and enter manual bookings as long as the 'Teachers can manage their own bookings' slider is enabled. Caregivers are unable to enter bookings at this stage.
1. Click the Breaks icon to set break times for all staff.
2. Click the time slot to add a break. This will set a default block for all teachers who have not already added a booking for this time slot. Click DONE.
3. Click the Manage Bookings icon to add, remove or update booking time slots for specific teachers.
4. Select the teacher from the button selection or dropdown list. Whether you see buttons or a dropdown list is dependent upon the number of groups in the event.
5. Click the time slot to add a booking or to block the slot for that teacher only. The Add Booking popup box will be displayed.
6. To Add a Single Booking -
- Click the student field and select the student from the dropdown list. Only students in the interview group for that teacher will be displayed for selection.
- Select the relevant caregiver from the dropdown list that will appear once the student is selected.
- Enter a URL if an online meeting is to be held.
- The Caregiver Note will usually be received from the caregiver when a booking is created by them, however it can be used by a teacher to relay details to the caregiver as this will be visible to the caregiver e.g. Please bring his last report from his old school.
- The Staff Note is only visible to staff and will appear on the printed runsheet.
- Click SAVE BOOKING
7. If multiple-bookings are permitted in a time slot this information is visible to the administrator. The time slot will remain available for bookings until this number is reached. Note: this number cannot be changed on a slot by slot basis and partial-blocks cannot be added to an open slot.
8. To add an additional booking to a time slot, click the slot. This will open up the booking popup and show the students already allocated to this slot. Click the PLUS icon to add another booking.
9. Select the additional student and caregiver, enter the booking details and click SAVE BOOKING.
10. The slot will now show the number of bookings currently made. Hover over the top number to view the students. Hover over the bottom number to view the caregivers.
11. Once the maximum number has been reached the slot will become unavailable.
12. To block the slot without making a booking, click the slot followed by BLOCK BOOKING. This can only been done if no bookings have been made.
13. To cancel a booking, click the slot to view all bookings. Click the student name relating to the booking to be cancelled and click CANCEL BOOKING.
Revert an Event Back to Draft
14. Event days/times and teacher/interview groups can only be changed when an event is in draft. If changes are required and no bookings have been made revert the event back to draft by clicking the Revert icon. This will be disabled if bookings are present.
15. To edit the event name, sliders or caregiver message click the Cog icon. Event dates, times and interview groups cannot be edited once bookings have been made.
16. To cancel the event, click the Trash icon. If any bookings have been made, this will send a cancellation notification to the caregiver. If a manual booking has been for a caregiver who does not have Hero access enabled, be sure to advise them of the cancellation.
17. When cancelling an event, you will be provided with the option to send a Reason for Cancellation. to the caregiver. Enter the reason and click CONFIRM.
18. Once all staff adjustments have been made, click the Arrow icon to open the bookings to caregivers.
OPEN TO CAREGIVERS
Caregivers are now able to enter bookings. Staff can still manage bookings as above and can view any bookings made by caregivers.
Prior to the event taking place, it is important to close bookings to caregivers to avoid last minute entries or changes.
1. To close caregiver bookings click the Stop icon. This will not prevent staff from making last minute bookings or changes.
2. You will be provided with the option to send a Reason for Closure. Entering a reason for closure is particularly useful if they were opened prematurely and need to be closed again.
CLOSED TO CAREGIVERS
Once the event is closed to caregivers, they are unable to make bookings but still have access to view the booking details. Staff are still able to make and alter bookings.
1. If the event has been closed prematurely, it can be reopened to caregivers by clicking the Arrow icon.
2. Once the event is over, click the Tick icon to mark it as completed.
This section will show you all events that have been completed. It is still possible to view and print the historical bookings by clicking the Manage bookings icon. No other action can be taken.
This section will show you all events that have been cancelled. It is still possible to view and print any bookings that were made prior to the cancellation.