When your school community commences making payments by credit card via the online finance viewing platform, it is important that you are able to verify these payments against the student's account in Hero. This article will assist you with this reconciliation process.
When setting up credit card processing you will have created an account with Stripe (Stripe is the intermediary between the caregiver and the school. The caregiver pays Stripe who then deposits this money (less expenses) into the school's bank account). LINC Technologies is not involved with this process. The responsibility of LINC Technologies is to update the student's account with the amount received.
TO RECONCILE A DEPOSIT MADE BY STRIPE INTO YOUR SCHOOL BANK ACCOUNT
1. Log into your school's Stripe Account (this account will have been created as part of Setting your Finance Options). You will be presented with your Dashboard and a log of Events.
2. Select Balances from the top menu bar.
3. Select Payouts from below this. This will display a list of all your payouts from Stripe. Find the one that relates to your Bank Statement entry.
4. Click on the blue Paid button beside the payout. This will provide you with the details for that payout.
5. Scroll down to the Transaction List which shows all the parent payments that made up this payout. There is an Export button that can be used, but it is best to simply print the transaction list as displayed as these dates relate to NZ so will match with Hero. Right-Click and select Print. The Export button will download the Transaction ID if this helps your reconciliation with Hero.
6. Log into Hero and navigate to the Administration menu. If you have a wide-screen device this will already be visible on the left-hand side of your screen. If not, click on the Administration menu icon at the top left-hand side of your screen.
7. Under the heading Administration click on Finance
8. Click TRANSACTION REPORTING
9. Enter the date range that aligns with your Stripe report
10. Select BANK RECONCILIATION
11. Scroll to your ONLINE payments. These are all the individual transactions that were processed via caregiver Stripe payments received. The Paid By and Stripe ID fields relate directly to your Stripe Transaction List.
12. Download or Print your report.