Hero has a menu at the top of the screen to assist you with navigating around the site. In this menu, there is also a search tool.
From here you can search for -
- a currently enrolled, pre-enrolled student or former student
- a staff member
- a caregiver
You can find the person you are looking for by entering -
- the First Name (preferred), Last Name (preferred), First Name (legal), Last Name (legal) or any part of these names (e.g. Logan or Log, Wilson or Wilson-Jones)
- the full name of the student (e.g. Michael Wilson)
- the full NSN, SRN or other Jurisdictional ID (this search is only available if the field is numeric)
- the full email address (used to find students or caregivers via their Hero email login)
Hero has two search methods. All features are available using either method, it is only how it looks that differs.
Grid View - displays the profile of all people who meet the search criteria in order of Students, Staff then Caregivers. This is a useful search method if you have a small number of students or you need to view the photo to find the person you need.
List View - displays the search results in list format. List View defaults to Current students for faster loading but you can use the checkboxes to include Pre-Enrolled students, Former students, Staff and/or Caregivers.
Once you have chosen your preferred view, set this as your preference. You can still switch between views at any time.
Subject to user permissions, the List View provides you with quick access to:
- Student - Information, Attendance, Groups, Finance and Page Menu
- Caregiver - Information, Connected Students, and Caregiver Menu
- Staff - Information, Groups and Staff Pages
Sorting and filtering is available on all columns for further refinement.
Hero has a panel of useful information that appears on the right-hand side of the screen. This is known as Quick Links. You will also find the search box at the top of this panel.
1. To reveal the panel click on the three lines icon.
2. Enter the name of the student, staff member, parent or caregiver.
3. Tap Enter on your keyboard.
4. You will be presented with the same search process as above.
Article is closed for comments.