There are several student fields that will be the same for most of the students. These fields can be set with default values and only changed for the exception. Such fields are:
- Student Type - already set to 'Regular Student'
- FTE - already set to 1
- Maori Language Learning Level - to be set by the school or Hero data transfer specialist
- Zoning Status - to be set by the school. Do not set a default if the field is being included on your Enrolment Form for caregiver entry.
TO SET FIELD DEFAULTS
1. Navigate to the Administration Menu. If you have a wide-screen device this will already be visible on the left-hand side of your screen. If not, click on the Administration Menu icon at the top left-hand side of your screen.
2. Click on Manage Fields
You will see all the sections that currently exist for learners.
2. Click the Section Name. All existing fields in that section will be displayed.
3. Click EDIT on the field you wish to set the default for.
4. Click into the Default Value field area. A drop down list of available options will be displayed.
5. Select the desired option and click SAVE FIELD.
Article is closed for comments.