In March and July New Zealand Primary Schools are required to return roll information to the Ministry of Education.
The Principal or Acting Principal must approve and submit the Roll Returns for your school and with Hero this is easily done electronically. Their staff account must be set correctly to enable them to complete this process.
Note: You must be the Principal or Principal's Delegate is able to assign the permission to approve roll returns. For more information see Controlling Access to View Restricted Fields
ENSURING THE PRINCIPAL HAS ACCESS TO APPROVE ROLL RETURNS
1. Navigate to the Administration menu. If you have a wide-screen device this will already be visible on the left-hand side of your screen. If not, click on the Administration menu icon at the top left-hand side of your screen.
2. Select Staff Members
3. Locate the Principal or Acting Principal's profile and click on the Profile Image
4. Ensure the Is a Hero administrator slider is set to ON (red)
5. Click on PERMISSIONS
6. Ensure the Approve Roll Returns permission checkbox is ticked
7. Click the green save icon to confirm any changes.