This article outlines how you can create your labels for your Board of Trustees elections. You are able to create labels from any data in Hero using List Builder by downloading any list as an Excel file and following the process below.
Hero does not provide the facility to produce formatted labels due to the many different label options required by schools. Labels are produced using an external word processing tool i.e. Microsoft Word or Mac Pages.
PRINTING BOT ELECTION LABELS
1. Create your mail merge source document by clicking on ALL VOTERS LABEL DATA. Note: This report is only available after the roll has been checked and closed.
2. Click DOWNLOAD AS EXCEL for the most suitable format. This will cater to addresses that contain commas.
Your BOT Voting List will download as All_Voters_Label_Data.xlsx. This should be visible in the Downloads Folder on your computer. You can now use mail merge in Word to create mailing labels.
3. Select Mailings > Start Mail Merge > Labels
4. In the Label Options dialog box, choose your label supplier in the Label vendors list.
In the Product number list, choose the product number on your package of labels.
Your document now displays a table with an outline of the labels. If you are unable to view the table, click on Table Layout, and select View Gridlines.
5. Select File > Save to save your document as 'BOT Election Labels'.
6. Select Mailings > Select Recipients > Use an existing List.
7. Navigate to the Downloads folder and select the file All_Voters_Label_Data.xlsx.
8. Go to Mailings > Insert Merge Field
Insert each field to be printed by clicking the field name.
Format the fields in the first label so it looks the way you want the rest of your labels to look. This can include changing the font, size or spacing.
9. Select Mailings > Update Labels
This will apply your desired format to all labels on the page.
10. Select Mailings > Preview Results
If you need to make any changes, click Preview Results again, make the changes and select Update labels when done if you make changes.
11. Select Mailings > Finish & Merge > Print Documents to print immediately.
If you wish to update any of the labels individually before printing, select Mailings > Finish & Merge > Edit Individual Documents. When done, go to File > Print.