Hero has a smart feature that can process refunds, voids and write offs in bulk.
To cancel an event or activity refer to the separate article - Bulk Refunds and Voids / Cancelling an Event
WRITING OFF OUTSTANDING DEBT
A Write Off is used to remove unpaid debt at the direction of your BOT Treasurer. i.e. activities. This process will not request an amount as it is designed to take all outstanding balances to zero. Group filtering and individual student selection allows you to process just the students you need with ease i.e. Left students.
1. Navigate to the Administration menu. If you have a wide-screen device this will already be visible on the left-hand side of your screen. If not, click on the Administration menu icon at the top left-hand side of your screen.
2. Under the heading Administration click on Finance
3. Click LEDGER ITEMS to display a table of the current ledger items for this year.
4. Click VIEW LINE ITEMS on the line that contains the line items that you wish to process.
5. Filter your list by group or year level if required using the filter options above the line item table i.e. to write off the debt on leavers select the Former Students Auto Groups.
6. Select the students from this group to be processed by clicking the checkbox. You may individually select students or select ALL students for this Ledger Item by clicking the checkbox in the column heading.
7. Click CANCEL SELECTED LINE ITEMS.
8. Select WRITE OFF to cancel the entire amount outstanding. Enter your reason and date.
9. Click CONFIRM to process.
10. A summary screen will be displayed. Click DONE to exit.
Article is closed for comments.