A discount can be applied when the amount owing on a line item is reduced. This may be due to fundraising e.g. chocolate sales for camp; a partial cancellation e.g. swimming lesson missed or perhaps a particular student's assistance grant.
When applying a discount the caregiver will still see the full value of the line item on their statement but a discount amount will be displayed in the credit column.
TO APPLY A DISCOUNT TO A LINE ITEM
1. Find the student using one of the search tools available
2. Click on the student Finance ($) icon
3. Find the Line Item you wish to process and click the Apply a Discount icon
4. Complete all fields and click CONFIRM
5. A resulting Discount/Exemption transaction will be created. This will be used to form the basis of your posting reports.