Note: It is important when setting up your Hero to Xero connection that this is actioned from Hero using the process documented below. Do not use the Xero app store to make this connection, as your school already exists as a Hero school.
Before connecting the Hero Student Billing Module with Xero and enabling integration it is important that Xero has been set up with the necessary endpoints to receive the data. Please step through this article before enabling Xero Integration - Preparing for Xero Integration
It is also important to get the timing right. Ensure that all Hero payments processed to date have been manually posted to Xero. You may choose to begin integration at the start of a new month, a new year or after a school holiday period.
HOW TO ENABLE XERO INTEGRATION
1. Navigate to the Administration menu. If you have a wide-screen device this will already be visible on the left-hand side of your screen. If not, click on the Administration menu icon at the top left-hand side of your screen.
2. Under the heading Options select Finance Options
3. Scroll to Xero Settings.
4. Set the Enable Xero Integration slider to On. This will present you with the finance fields required for integration.
5. Enter the Hero Clearing Account Ledger Code as it appears in Xero. (This field is mandatory and must exist in Xero)
6. Enter the Hero Payment in Advance Ledger Code as it appears in Xero. (This field is mandatory and must exist in Xero)
7. Determine if your journals are being sent to Xero in a Draft or Posted state. (Draft will require checking and posting in Xero. Posted will action the posting in Xero automatically.)
8. Click the green save icon
9. Click Connect to XERO (this only needs to happen once. Hero will remain connected to Xero even if you log out of Xero).
10. The Log in to Xero screen will be displayed. Enter the username and password for your school's Xero account and click Log In.
11. You will be prompted to permit Hero to access Xero. Check the Organisation and click Allow access.
12. A new Hero window will be opened that will give you the results of the connection attempted.
If the attempt fails you will need to:
1) check the username and password entered and try again.
2) if you are still unsuccessful please contact the Hero Helpdesk.
13. Close this window and return to the original Hero window. REFRESH the screen to see the updated connection result.
DISCONNECTING YOUR XERO ACCOUNT FROM HERO
To disconnect from your Xero Account (i.e. you stop using Xero or you need to connect to a different Xero account):
1. In Hero, navigate to the Finance Options.
2. Click the Enable Xero Integration slider to Off.
3. Click DISCONNECT FROM XERO
4. Click the green save icon