Hero gives users several secure sign in options to keep your data safe as well as convenient.
With the option of using our Single Sign On flow with your Microsoft Account, you are able to access Hero at the click of a button.
You will still have the option to sign into your Hero account with your email address and password in addition to signing in with your Microsoft account.
Note: This option should not be used if students, teachers or caregivers are using shared devices with generic names e.g. Rm1-Device1. In order for users to securely connect to their personal Hero account they need to be signed into the device with their own unique login.
In order for users to be able to sign in using their Microsoft account the school needs to first configure HERO as an AZURE enterprise app. Click this link for instructions on how to do this.
TO SIGN INTO HERO WITH YOUR MICROSOFT ACCOUNT
1. Access the Hero sign in screen through your Hero App or via your web browser. You may need to log out of your current session by clicking on your profile image in the top right corner > LOG OUT
2. Click MICROSOFT. Note: Entering an email address is not required.
3. You will now be taken to the Microsoft authentication process. You will be signed straight into Hero if possible. If not, you may be required to enter your Microsoft Password and authenticate your account or confirm which Microsoft account you would like to use to sign into Hero.
Note: Your Microsoft Account email must be the same email address that you have on your Hero account.
COMMON REASONS FOR AN UNSUCCESSFUL SIGN IN?
These are the most common reasons that a user is unable to sign into Hero with their Microsoft Account.
1. HERO has not been set up as an enterprise app in Microsoft
2. Your Microsoft email address does not match your Hero email address