School Dates integrates with the daily roll, so must be accurate. If a roll is not to be taken on a particular day (i.e. teacher only days), then the school must be closed to prevent teachers taking the roll and to ensure accurate attendance data.
School Dates can be set up and maintained by a Site Administrator.
TO SET TERM DATES
1. Navigate to the Administration menu. If you have a wide-screen device this will already be visible on the left-hand side of your screen. If not, click on the Administration menu icon at the top left-hand side of your screen.
2. Under the heading Options click on School Dates.
The top left of the screen contains the colour keys.
- Term = the colour displayed for each term
- Status = the open/close status colour (each day is surrounded by a coloured border. The type of colour shows whether the school is open, closed, open AM/closed PM or open PM/closed AM.
At the top right of your screen you will find your maintenance buttons. These MUST be followed in sequence.
3. Click EDIT TERM BOUNDARIES.
4. Select the Term you wish to edit. You can use the up/down arrows to change the term number. Click off the field to save the term.
5. Click the First Day of that term, followed by the Last Day of that term.
Note: Both must be clicked even if they are not changing from a previous setting.
6. Click SAVE TERM BOUNDARIES.
7. Repeat for each term.
TO OPEN OR CLOSE A SCHOOL DAY
1. Locate the date in the calendar.
2. Click the date multiple times until the border changes to the colour that matches the status key you require e.g.
- 4th is Open
- 6th is Closed
- 12th is Open in the morning but Closed in the afternoon
- 1st is Open in the afternoon but Closed in the morning