When a caregiver logs into Hero, the students and data they see will depend on:
- The caregiver's access rights for each student they are connected to as a contact in Hero. This is controlled by the "Is allowed access to the Hero app for [student]" slider in the student/caregiver settings.
- The enrolment status of the student e.g. what they see for a pre-enrolled student will differ from what they see for a current student.
- The options set by the school in the Administration Menu > "What can parents see?".
The level of school information that the caregiver will see, is also dependent on the enrolment status of the connected students.
The Hero caregiver app has two parts, the Home/Landing Page which is the main body of the screen,
and the Menu which will appear in the navigation bar on a mobile phone, or as a sidebar on a laptop or desktop.
WHAT SCHOOLS WILL BE VISIBLE?
- A school will NOT be visible if the caregiver does not have access enabled for any students at that school. Therefore, if a caregiver has pre-enrolled their child at several schools, they will not see those schools unless the school has enabled access.
- A school will be visible on the Home/Landing page if a caregiver has access to a 'Current' or 'Pending Enrolment' at that school.
- A school will be visible in the Menu if the caregiver has access to students of any status at that school, i.e. Current, Pending, Pre-Enrolled or Former.
Schools will be displayed in order of status, where possible. Schools with current students will display at the top.
WHAT STUDENT INFORMATION WILL BE VISIBLE?
The student information that is visible to caregivers is dependent on the status of the student and the options chosen under "What parents can see?". A caregiver can view the status of the student to make it more transparent.
If the student is Pre-Enrolled, only the Class page is visible. This is to enable schools to share the pre-enrolled student's class prior to them starting school. The student must be placed in a class for this to show.
If the student is Current or a Pending Enrolment, all relevant pages are visible based on the school options set.
If the student is Former (left), all relevant learning pages are visible except the Class (as this is no longer relevant). If the student left in the current year, the Report page is also visible, otherwise it is omitted.
Additional Caregiver Viewing Rules
- A caregiver will see the student in all schools that the student is present in as long as access is enabled. I.e. they may see John as Former in his last school, Current in his current school and as a Pre-Enrol in his next school.
- The Finance icon is visible for any school where Hero access to a student is enabled, however the viewing of finances for a particular student is restricted to only those caregivers with Finance access enabled for that student.
- Caregivers will receive notifications of and be able to view any Community posts sent to a group that a connected pre-enrolled, pending or current student is a member of.