Void - A line item is Voided when it is no longer required or is invalid e.g. the child did not attend the event or the administrator made an error so needs to cancel the line item.
Write Off - A line item is Written Off when a debt has not been paid and the school is not going to pursue the debt.
Line Items that have been fully voided or written off will not be seen by the caregiver. A partially voided or written off line item will be visible as payments may have been added.
VOIDING/WRITING OFF AN INDIVIDUAL LINE ITEM
1. Find the student using one of the search tools available
2. Click on the student Finance ($) icon
3. Find the Line Item you wish to process and click the Cancel icon.
4. Select the option you wish to action from WRITE OFF, VOID OR PARTIAL VOID. Different fields will be requested, depending on the option. Enter the detail and click CONFIRM.
- WRITE OFF - Only the reason and date is requested as a Write Off will always be for the full amount outstanding.
- VOID - Will only be available if no other transactions have already been applied to the line item e.g. Payments, Discounts. It will also only request a reason and date as it will always Void the full amount.
- PARTIAL VOID - Will request an amount to be entered as only part of the Line Item is being Voided.
5. A resulting Void or Write Off transaction will be created. This may be used to form the basis of your posting reports if required.
6. To make it easier for the Finance Officer to identify the underlying transaction on a Line Item, the words VOIDED, PARTIALLY VOIDED or WRITTEN OFF are appended to the Line Item description following this process. This can be edited if necessary.
Article is closed for comments.