All payments received can be receipted from an individual student's finance page. The receipt will use the Account Salutation and address from the student's Account Settings. This can be maintained at the time of receipting for greater flexibility.
Printing Tax Donation receipts will, on all occasions, include payment for all members of the family. The Paid by: will display on all payment lines for the benefit of the Inland Revenue Department.
Tax Donation receipts print payments received by tax year i.e. 1 April to 31 March. They will also include Transfers from Payment in Advance to a donation line item.
The IRD have specific criteria for acceptance of a Tax Donation receipt including: Name of Donor (Account Salutation), Donation amount, clearly labelled as a Donation, signature of authorised person and official stamp with the name of the approved Donee Organisation.
Turning on Caregiver can print their own receipts in Hero app in Finance Options allows Caregivers to perform this task themselves on the Android app, or by logging into Hero through a Web Browser. This is currently unavailable via the Apple app.
SCHOOL ADMINISTRATOR PRINTING A TAX DONATION RECEIPT
1. Find the student using one of the search tools available
2. Click on the student Finance ($) icon
3. Click VIEW ALL PAYMENTS
4. Click VIEW DONATION PAYMENTS
This will narrow down your list to those payments that have been applied to a Donation Line Item.
5. Click the TAX RECEIPT button for the year you require. A button will exist for any tax year containing payments.
6. The receipt will download to your Downloads folder which you can now open and print.
7. To email this receipt to a caregiver, open the receipt and click File > SAVE AS. Enter the name of the document and save as a .pdf. This will ensure that the caregiver is unable to edit the document.