Hero has the functionality to send texts for both unexplained absences and school notices.
Texts are only sent to those caregivers who have the relationship setting 'Receives Text Messages' turned on. This provides your school with the ability to control the cost of texts sent.
If your school is intending to send school notices via text, this needs to be turned on for both the school and the caregiver. Refer to article Sending Text Messages to Caregivers.
TO SEND A TEXT NOTICE
1. Navigate to the staff home page (house icon)
2. Click Text Messages. This will display a page where you can see all the texts shared from your school.
3. Click Share something ...
4. Select the class, classes or groups you wish to send the Text notice to the caregivers of by typing the start of the name of the class/group in the box Who should receive this text. Options will present for you to choose from. Start typing the next class/group name to select another.
5. Enter the Text Message Content. There is a maximum length of 130 characters so take notice of the count below the message area.
6. Click SAVE TEXT. Your message will be saved in draft for you to review. This means you can write and save a text to send in the future.
7. To send the Text, click SEND NOW.
8. The first reply to the text will be sent to the designated email address set in your Notifications. Replies will contain a link back to the Text Message.