HOW PAYMENTS RECEIVED INTO HERO ARE UPDATED IN XERO
ALL payments received into Xero that relate to Hero Line Items are reconciled to a single Hero Clearing Account which you have created specifically for this purpose. This relates to payments from ALL sources i.e. internet payments, EFTPOS, cash banking and Stripe.
- ALL payments are processed in Hero in the usual way and allocated to the appropriate Line Item or Payment in Advance.
- The Hero Bank Reconciliation Report forms the basis of the integration with Xero. Transactions that have not yet been updated to Xero will be available for selection by payment type. Selected transactions will be stamped with the next batch number and uploaded to Xero.
- The upload process will create a Draft Journal for that batch in Xero which will credit the appropriate Ledgers and debit the Hero Clearing Account. On posting the Journal in Xero the Hero Clearing Account balance will be reduced and the appropriate Ledger balances increased.
Note: Refunds are not integrated with Xero as the resulting conditions may vary on a case by case basis. Refunds will need to be manually processed in Xero.
UPLOADING PAYMENTS TO XERO
1. Navigate to the Administration menu. If you have a wide-screen device this will already be visible on the left-hand side of your screen. If not, click on the Administration menu icon at the top left-hand side of your screen.
2. Under the heading Administration click on Finance
3. Click TRANSACTION REPORTING
4. Enter the date range that relates to the payments you wish to upload.
5. Click BANK RECONCILIATION
6. The Bank Reconciliation report will provide you with a section for each payment type. Uploading to Xero is by payment type. Payments will not be available for selection/upload if:
- They have already been uploaded to Xero (a batch number will be present in the last column)
- The Ledger is not synchronised with Xero
- They are refunds of payments
7. Navigate to the Payment Type you wish to upload. Click the checkbox beside the payments you wish to include. This will enable the Xero Upload buttons at the top of the table.
8. Click UPLOAD SELECTED <payment type> TRANSACTIONS TO XERO
9. A batch will be created using the next sequential batch number.
10. To aid reconciliation of the Hero Clearing Account, you will be asked to set the batch date.
- For Internet, Credit Card, External or Journal payments the latest payment date will be used as the batch date. This will place the batch directly below the payments received in the Hero Clearing Account.
- For EFTPOS or Online payments a date will be requested. Enter the date relating to the date that the payment was received from the external provider i.e the EFTPOS Merchant or Stripe. This will place the batch below the receipt of that payment.
- For Cash or Cheque payments a date will also be requested. Enter the date that the cash banking was lodged.
This will create a DRAFT manual journal in Xero with a line per Ledger total. The payments will be stamped with the batch number and a record will be created in the Xero Log file.
11. Below is a sample of what the batch will look like in Xero.
Note: This is a Draft batch so will need to be Posted in order to update the relevant Ledgers.
12. To view the Hero batch in the Log file, select VIEW XERO LOGS. The status will update in the log file when updated in Xero.
FINDING A BATCH OF PAYMENTS
A batch filter has been added to the Bank Reconciliation Report to aid reconciliation. To find a single batch or range of batches that have been already uploaded to zero, enter the batch numbers in the filter at the top of the report.
PROCESSING MANUALLY POSTED PAYMENTS
When beginning your Xero integration journey you will need to remove from selection, all payments that have already been manually posted in Xero. There also may be times throughout the journal when manual postings are required. Payments are able to be marked as already posted. This will give them a batch number of 0.
1. Navigate to the Bank Reconciliation Report
2. Select the payments that have been manually posted in Xero.
3. Click MARK SELECTED <payment type> TRANSACTIONS AS ALREADY POSTED.