This feature can only be actioned by the Hero Customer Support Team. Please contact the Helpdesk if you would like to have staff details imported into Hero.
There may be times when you wish to update your staff members information in bulk, or when setting up your site you may like to create your staff accounts all at once.
UPDATING OR CREATING STAFF MEMBERS IN BULK
1. Create a .csv file with the fields of staff information you wish to import in each column including the staff email address as one of the columns. e.g.
Note: The staff email address must be present as this links the information to existing staff members or creates new staff accounts.
2. In HERO click Import Data in the Administration Menu
3. Click Staff Members
4. Select your staff data file to upload either by dragging it into the Drop here box or by clicking browse to find it on your computer.
If you wish to change the file to upload, click REMOVE and then choose a new file as above.
5. Click NEXT
6. The next view will show you three columns:
- Uploaded data is the column headings found in your .csv file.
- Fields are the fields you would like your data to be imported into.
- Available Fields are the fields in HERO that your data can be imported into.
All standard fields will be automatically mapped eg. Email address in the screenshot below
For any unmapped fields, locate the corresponding Hero field you wish to map to and drag it into the Field column e.g. Emergency Contact 1 Phone Number in the screenshot below
7. Click NEXT
8. A preview of your data will be displayed to check. If all fields look correct, click IMPORT to proceed, otherwise click BACK to make changes to your field mapping.
9. Hero will display the number of staff accounts that were:
- added (new staff created)
- updated (information has been changed)
- unchanged (the information in your csv matched that in Hero)
- skipped (the import missed this staff member ie. if the email address was not present)
- errors and warnings will also be displayed under the feedback box for you to investigate
The DONE button will become active when the import is complete. Click DONE to finish.
Note: When updating existing staff information the import will override any information that is currently in the system, even if one or more fields for the staff member is empty in your .csv file. Ensure that your import file contains the information you wish to keep if the field is not empty in HERO and do not include columns you do not want to update.
UPDATING AND CREATING STAFF MEMBERS INDIVIDUALLY
Staff can also be created and managed individually. Please refer to the following help articles for help with this: