A Hero site administrator is able to use the import function to create classes and place your students into them. This process can also group your classes into teams (see Setting up Team Auto Groups)
1. In HERO click Import Data in the Administration Menu
2. Click Classes
3. Click the downloadable template to download a copy of the class import template .csv file.
4. Edit this file to include your class information as per the example below where the Student ID is the NSN. If your school does not use teams, just leave this column blank. Make sure not to delete any columns from this file as the import will look for them even if they are empty.
You are able to enter the teacher email address in only for the first line of their class. The rest of the information must be present.
Note: This process will NOT add additional students to a class. It will create the class with all of the students in the .csv. Therefore, ALL students required in the class MUST be included in the spreadsheet or they will be removed.
5. In Hero select your class data file to upload either by dragging it into the Drop here box or by clicking browse to find it on your computer.
If you wish to change the file to upload, click REMOVE and then choose a new file as above
6. Click NEXT
7. Hero will map your class data to existing classes. Click NEXT if it is correct
8. Hero will display a preview of students being allocated to each class. Confirm this is correct.
9. Click IMPORT to proceed and complete the process.
Note: this will remove any students currently in an exisiting class if they are not in your .csv file.