The Line Item is the individual invoice that is created for the event, activity or contribution (the Ledger Item). The Line Item is what is visible on the student and what the caregiver will see on their statement. It is what will be used to create the financial reports.
A Line Item can be created for an individual student or in bulk for a group of students. When creating a Line Item for an individual, it is possible to create a one-off sundry item or use an existing Ledger Item.
CREATING A LINE ITEM
1. Find the student using one of the search tools available
2. Click on the student Finance ($) icon
3. Click ADD A LINE ITEM
4. If you are creating a Line Item for an already existing Ledger Item e.g. other students have this item but this student has just started, click USE LEDGER ITEM and select the item from the drop down list.
5. Enter the details to apply to this student. e.g. the date and amount may change if the student started mid-season. Click SAVE CHANGES.
6. If the Line Item is stand alone and is not required for other students e.g. sundry lunch purchase, use CREATE NEW LINE ITEM. This will create a line item only and will not create a master Ledger Item record.
7. Complete the fields and click SAVE CHANGES
- Select the Ledger this line item relates to.
- Enter the Line Item Name, Description (optional), Date and Amount. These are what the caregiver will see on their statement.
- Enable the GST Slider for a Non-Donation
- Enable the Donation Slider for a Donation.
8. The line item will now be visible on the student.