Hero is designed to promote student agency by making learning visible to students and offering the opportunity for students to set goals, write posts and add evidence. The following article is written to assist you with opening your software to students.
ENTERING STUDENT EMAIL ADDRESSES
Firstly, students will need a unique student email address entered into the Student email address field in their Basic Details page.
Note: you may wish to use the Import Data function to upload this information in bulk (see Importing Student and Contact Data into Hero)
TO MAKE GOALS VISIBLE TO STUDENTS
1. Navigate to the Administration menu. If you have a wide-screen device this will already be visible on the left-hand side of your screen. If not, click on the Administration menu icon at the top left-hand side of your screen.
2. Under the heading Site Setup select Goals
3. Click the subject of goals you wish to make visible
4. Click on the edit pencil next to the subject name
5. Turn the setting Show this subject to students on (red)
6. Click SAVE SUBJECT
TO GIVE STUDENTS THE ABILITY TO SET GOALS AS CURRENT
1. In the Administration menu, under the heading Options select Basic Options
2. Scroll down to the Student Goal Setting options and turn Enable Goal Setting on (red)
3. Click the Save icon
TO MAKE PAGE CONTENT VISIBLE TO STUDENTS, LINK POSTS TO CURRENT GOALS AND GIVE STUDENTS THE ABILITY TO WRITE POSTS
1. In the Administration menu, under the heading Site setup select Pages
2. Locate the page you wish to turn on and click Edit at the end of the row
3. Under Visibility turn the setting Visible to students on (red)
4. Turn the setting Include current goals as tags on (red)
5. Under Post Permissions turn the setting Students can post on (red)
6. Click SAVE PAGE
For information to support students with logging in see the article Logging into Hero - Information for Students