This feature is available as part of the Hero Premier package. Please contact the Helpdesk if you would like to subscribe to Premier to make this feature available for your school.
Hero gives students several secure sign in options to keep your data safe as well as convenient.
With the option of using our QR Code Sign-in, Hero's youngest users are able to access Hero with ease.
They will still have the option to sign into Hero with their email address and password if this is the school's preferred option.
A QR Code is a single-use code which will remain valid for a limited time. This time is currently set to 4 hours to allow teachers to print QR codes in advance in readiness for sharing learning.
ENABLING THE QR CODE SIGN-IN FEATURE
The ability for staff to create QR codes for students is controlled via a setting in your school options.
1. Navigate to the Administration menu. If you have a wide-screen device this will already be visible on the left-hand side of your screen. If not, click on the site administrator menu icon at the top left-hand side of your screen.
2. Under the heading Options select Basic Options
3. Change the Staff can generate single-use QR Codes to sign learners in slider to on.
4. Click Save at the bottom of the screen to save your changes.
GENERATING A QR CODE FOR AN INDIVIDUAL STUDENT
1. Navigate to the individual student and click QR SIGN IN.
2. A QR Code is created and will remain valid for 4 hours.
3. The student scans the code using the device they wish to log into. If the login attempt is unsuccessful due to delays, click REGENERATE QR CODE to try again.
4. If the student does not have a user account (i.e. no student email address) the following message will be displayed.
5. A QR Code can be printed by clicking on the PRINT icon.
GENERATING QR CODES FOR A GROUP OF STUDENTS
1. Navigate to the group you are working with. Ensure students in the group have devices ready.
2. Click the group MENU icon to access the group options.
3. Click QR SIGN IN.
4. A QR Code will be created for each student that has a valid student account.
5. Navigate to each individual student by clicking their name or by using the arrows on either side.
6. If a student does not have a user account (i.e. no student email address) the following message will be displayed.
7. A group set of QR Codes can be printed by clicking on the PRINT icon. One page per code will be printed to prevent students scanning the code of another student.