This feature is available as part of the Hero Premier package. Please contact the Helpdesk if you would like to subscribe to Premier to make this feature available for your school.
Hero allows staff members to add a question to any Community Feed or Student Feed post. Once parents or students have answered, the replies are collated and groups can be generated based on the different responses.
Examples of how this can be used include quickly gathering data on students who will be learning onsite or at home, trip permissions, and student feedback.
This article explains how to add a simple survey to a Community Feed post.
TO ADD A SIMPLE SURVEY TO A COMMUNITY FEED POST
1. Create your Community Feed post - Posting to the Community Feed
2. Click ADD A SURVEY
3. Either search for an existing survey by entering the name into the filter field
Enter the new question you wish to gather information on
4. The responses Yes and No will auto-populate. These can be deleted by using the trash can icon if they are not required.
5. Alternative answers can be added by clicking on the Add an Answer field, entering the response option and clicking ADD
6. Answers can be reordered by clicking on the drag and drop icon
7. Once your survey content is complete, click SAVE SURVEY
8. If you have finished the content of your community post click SAVE POST
9. To make your community post viewable by parents click PUBLISH
10. Your parents will receive a notification that a community post has been posted.
Click the link for information about Post Notifications.
11. Parents can log into Hero and click on ... read more to read the full post then respond to the question for each of their children
12. Parents can see their responses and the date these were recorded
Note: Parents can change their response should they need to.
VIEWING THE RESPONSES
1. Once the parents have responded to a question, a staff member can return to their community post and click VIEW RESPONSES
Note: Before reviewing responses, we recommend the staff member carries out a refresh of their software to ensure they are viewing the most up-to-date information
Apple: Command + Shift + R
PC: Ctrl + F5
2. Here, they will be presented with a table displaying an automatically collated summary of the replies
3. For each type of response, the table displays the name of the student, their year level, class, when the response was received and who the parent was that responded. You are able to sort each column by clicking the the title.
4. For each type of response, a group can be created by ticking the box next to the word Student to select all or by ticking the names of specific students then clicking the +Group icon
5. Select whether you would like the group to display in the MY or SHARED groups area. Name and label your group then click CREATE GROUP.
Note: Shared groups are visible to all staff
6. Once your group is created, you can take attendance, create a list, send a Community Feed or Student Feed post or enter data for that group - So easy!