This feature is available as part of the Hero Premier package. Please contact the Helpdesk if you would like to subscribe to Premier to make this feature available for your school.
The Hero Premier Landing Page is the first thing that your parents see when they log into the Hero app. You are able to customise this page to put all your important links in one place. This may include, but is not limited to your school website, Facebook page, Hail newsletters or your policies and procedures. You can also include here links to the school calendar and term dates.
SETTING YOUR HERO LANDING PAGE
A Hero Site Administrator can manage your school's landing page to control what caregivers will see and access when logged into Hero.
1. Navigate to School App Options in the Administration Menu on the left side of your screen.
2. The first thing you will see is a table displaying the features available to you with Hero Premier and those that you have enabled for use. You will also see a preview of the app screen your parents will see when logged into the Hero app. This preview changes as you make changes to your settings.
Please contact the Helpdesk if you have any questions regarding your school's subscription to Hero Premier.
Note: Your term dates are taken from the school dates set in your Hero software so there is no option to customise these here. For more information see Showing Term Dates in the Hero Family App
DISPLAY YOUR SCHOOL LOGO
To display your school logo at the top of the landing page, turn on the Show School Logo Slider
A preview will display in the app screen.
LINK TO A SCHOOL CALENDAR
You are able to link a Google Calendar for families to view when they select Events in the Hero landing page.
For more information on how to link your school calendar see the help article - Adding a Calendar to the Hero App
ADDING LINKS TO YOUR LANDING PAGE
Links to the following websites or online platforms can be added in your school app options for parents to have easy access to from the Hero landing page:
- School Website
- Hail (for the specifics of adding links to Hail see Adding Hail Website and Newsletter Links to the Hero App)
- Policies and Procedures
- School Shop
- Facebook page
For each of these options, when a link is added a corresponding icon will appear on the Hero landing page for your families and in the landing page preview at the top of the School App Options screen. If left blank there will be no option shown in the app.
eg. the link to your school website will show as an icon with your school logo, a link to Facebook has the Facebook logo, etc.
To add a link:
1. Navigate to the website, article or page that you would like to create a link for.
2. Copy the URL of the page from the URL bar at the top of your browser. This will ensure that the link is entered into Hero in full.
3. Paste the full URL into the relevant space in the School App Options under the heading Links
4. Click the green save icon to confirm your change and activate the link in on your Hero landing page.
5. Test the link by clicking the new icon in your landing page preview at the top of the School App Options page.
Note: if you are linking to a Google Doc, Hail article or something similar, ensure that your publication and sharing settings are correct for your parents to view when the follow the link on the landing page.