This feature is available as part of the Hero Premier package. Please contact the Helpdesk if you would like to subscribe to Premier to make this feature available for your school.
Google allows you to create a public calendar into which you can add school events and share with your community via the Hero App.
SETTING UP YOUR SCHOOL GOOGLE CALENDAR
1. In your Google account go to the calendar and locate the left-hand menu.
Select the + button next to ‘Other Calendars’
2. Click Create new calendar
3. Give your calendar a name and click Create.
4. Click on configure when the confirmation appears in the box at the bottom of the screen.
This will disappear after a few seconds. If you miss it, or you are altering an existing calendar, locate the calendar in your list on the left side of your browser when viewing your Google Calendars.
Click the three dots button that will appear when you hover your mouse over the calendar name.
Select Settings and sharing
5. Scroll down to ‘Make this calendar public’ and tick the box.
6. Click OK to confirm this setting.
Note: Your calendar must be public to be viewed in the Hero app.
7. Now scroll down to Integrate Calendar settings.
Copy the calendar ID by highlighting the entire line circled in the screenshot below.
8. Navigate to Hero > Administration Menu > School App Options
9. Paste your calendar ID into the space under the heading Hero
Any events added to your school calendar will now sync to the calendar in the Hero Family app. When logged into Hero, caregivers can view this by going to Events from the Hero landing page or in the menu on the left side of their Hero app.