Best fit levels are designed to give teachers an indication of the level a student is working on based on a calculation. Best fit levels are only a guide and require teachers to verify and amend these based on their knowledge of the student. This article explains how you can verify and amend Best fit levels for a class or group of students.
TO VERIFY AND AMEND BEST FIT LEVELS FOR A CLASS OR GROUP
1. Navigate to your class or group page by clicking on Groups and Classes
2. Under the class or group, click the pop up menu
Note, if you are already in your class/group page, you can click on the pop up menu icon at the top left-hand side of your screen
3. Click on CURRENT EXPECTATIONS
4. You will see a list of the goals subjects for your class or group. Select a subject
5. You will see the name of each student in your class/group and a pair of data sliders.
6. The most recent data entry is indicated by the top slider. The milestone for this can be viewed in the top right-hand corner
7. Data can be edited by moving the slider. Here we have moved the slider left to move the student back from Early Level 5 to Level 4
8. The Best fit expectation indicator has changed from Above (green) to At (blue).
9. Moving the slider will also move the corresponding plot point on the graph
10. The historic Best fit levels will also update to reflect your changes
WHAT TO DO IF A BEST FIT LEVEL IS MISSING
The school may have adjusted the Milestones/Expectations administration page after teachers have set goals. Goals generate a point in time best fit so will not generate this retrospectively. In this scenario teachers need to either
a. Manually move the slider to indicate the level the student is working on OR
b. Set one goal as current for the student to generate a Best fit level.