Hero offers schools the opportunity to share and track student progress through sets of goals.
Within your site, there are Level 1-8 Curriculum Achievement Objective goals, the English Language Learning Progressions (ELLP) indicators and sets of micro goals for Levels 1-4 in Number and algebra, Reading and Writing.
Your school can choose to use any of the sets of goals offered by LINC-ED Hero or develop your own. If you decide to develop your own, these goals must be levelled in some way e.g. Level 1, 2 ,3, 4 or Emergent, Novice, Practitioner, Expert in order to automatically generate Best fit levels.
TO ADD A NEW SET OF GOALS
1. Navigate to the Administration menu. If you have a wide-screen device this will already be visible on the left-hand side of your screen. If not, click on the Administration menu icon at the top left-hand side of your screen.
2. Under the heading Site Setup select Goals
3. Click the + icon. TO EDIT A SET OF GOALS click on an existing set
4. Add/Edit the subject name (mandatory) and description (optional)
Note: Hero automatically removes any initial capitals in goal subject names when generating report statements, in order to make the sentence flow correctly when the subject's name has an initial capital. Here is an example of Writing Goals on a students report.
5. If your school wishes to generate curriculum level data for the goal subject, set the Add Milestones and Levels for this subject slider to yes (red)
6. If your school wishes to automatically calculate Best fit curriculum levels for the goals subject, set the Calculate Best Fits automatically for this subject to yes (red)
7. If your school wishes to make the set of goals visible to teachers set the Show this subject to teachers setting to yes (red)
8. If your school wishes to make the set of goals visible to parents set the Show this subject to parents setting to yes (red)
9. If your school wishes to make the set of goals visible to students set the Show this subject to students setting to yes (red)
10. If your school wishes to show progress radial dials on the student report page for this goals subject, set the Show progress radial dials setting to yes (red)
11. When you have completed your setting selection click SAVE SUBJECT
12. Click on the name of your new goal set
The icons next to the Goal subject name indicate the settings you have turned on
Teachers can view the goal set:
Parents can view the goal set:
Students can view the goal set:
Milestones & Levels has been turned on to generate data:
The subject is set to generate Best fit levels by clicking goals:
Progress radial dials will show on the student report page for this subject:
13. Click on + ADD CATEGORY (E.G. LEVEL)
14. Enter the name of the level (mandatory) and a description (optional)
15. If you wish to use digital badging you can upload the badge here and add a badge description (optional)
16. Click SAVE CATEGORY
17. Click on + ADD SUBCATEGORY
18. Enter the name of the subcategory (mandatory) and a description (optional)
19. Click SAVE SUBCATEGORY
20. Once you have added the subcategories you require, you can start adding your goals.
To add goals, click the + icon below the relevant subcategory
21. Enter the goal name and the wording you wish teachers to see and the wording you wish parents to see.
Note: parents will see goals presented as a list following the wording In order to progress further in [Goal Subject], [Name] will: so we recommend recording the parent wording of goals with no capital letter or full stop
You are also able to add a Goal Exemplar to demonstrate what the completion of this goal can look like - see Adding and Viewing Goal Exemplars
22. Click SAVE GOAL