Prior to beginning your finance processing it is important to set your Finance Options.
SETTING YOUR FINANCE OPTIONS
1. Navigate to the Administration menu. If you have a wide-screen device this will already be visible on the left-hand side of your screen. If not, click on the Administration menu icon at the top left-hand side of your screen.
2. Under the heading Options select Finance Options
3. Enter the Bank Account Number
4. Enter the School GST Number
5. Click Show Tax Amounts on Statements slider to 'Yes' if you want a separate tax column to show on your statements.
6. The next 4 fields relate to messages to be displayed at the bottom of Receipts and Statements. These apply to printed and viewed documents. e.g ‘Our Preferred Payment Method is Internet Banking to ASB 99-9999-9999999-99’; ‘The School Donation is Optional’.
7. Click Save at the bottom of the screen to save your changes.
The slider Caregivers can view financial statements in Hero app is the master slider for the viewing of financial details. It will override the individual caregiver settings. It may be useful to turn off finance view at the beginning of a year when the bulk of the invoices are begin created.
Having this slider turned off also allows you time to have finance access turned on for your individual caregivers before opening it up to all.
ENABLE ONLINE PAYMENTS
Payments via Credit Card are made via the intermediary company Stripe. This is to protect both the school and LINC-ED. Payments made to Stripe are then transferred to the school's nominated bank account. Paying via Stripe by Debit or Credit Card will incur a fee of approximately 5% which is shared between Stripe and Linc Technologies. The fees are clearly visible to the caregiver when confirming the payment. The default is for caregivers to be charged the fee, however a school can opt to pay this instead. Contact the helpdesk if you would like this to happen.
The first step in activating this facility is to generate your Stripe account:
1. Click Enable Online Payments
2. Click Connect with Stripe
This will take you through the process to set up you Stripe account. Enter Individual or Sole Proprietorship as your business type to bypass the need for a BSN (business number). It is important that you take note of your Stripe username and password as you will need to log into your Stripe Account to view your Transaction Summaries and reconcile your bank account.
Once you have completed this process your parents will automatically be able to view the Pay Now button when viewing their financial statement.
3. Click Save at the bottom of the screen to save your changes.
EDITING YOUR ENROLMENT FORM
When entering an enrolment application, it is possible to have the caregiver themselves designate who has the authority to view and receive financial statements. The indicator to include this field can be turned on or off according to your needs.
1. From the Administrator Menu click on Enrolments > Edit Enrolment Form
You will see all of the sections that currently exist.
2. Click the down arrow beside Primary Contacts
3. Check Include 'Views/Receives Financial Statements' field, to have this field presented to your caregivers for entry at the time of enrolment.