The Ledger forms a link to your External Accounting Package. Setting this up correctly will save you valuable time once you begin the billing process.
The Ledger consists of a code and a name. These should match the Income/Expense Account in your External Accounting Package.
Ledgers can be set up as required or all at once as part of your initial setup, but be sure you don't create unnecessary entries.
CREATING A LEDGER ENTRY
1. Navigate to the Administration menu. If you have a wide-screen device this will already be visible on the left-hand side of your screen. If not, click on the Administration menu icon at the top left-hand side of your screen.
2. Under the heading Administration click on Finance
3. Click LEDGERS to display a table of existing ledger entries
4. Click the ADD icon at the bottom right of the window
5. Enter the Ledger Code and Ledger Name and click SAVE LEDGER.
CHANGING A LEDGER CODE OR NAME
A Ledger code and/or name can be changed if your external account package is changed.
Note: This change WILL be applied to all historical line items (invoices). If you do not wish to change historical line items then a new Ledger entry should be created.
1. Click EDIT at the end of the line to change the Ledger Code or Name
2. Make your changes and select SAVE LEDGER
DELETING A LEDGER
A Ledger entry can ONLY be deleted if no Ledger Items exist for that Ledger
1. Click DELETE at the end of the line.
2. Followed by YES, DELETE THIS LEDGER