The Hero Billing system is created for the sole purpose of billing students for events, activities and contributions and for processing the payments made against these. It is envisaged that a school will also have an Account Package for the processing of non-student accounts, budgeting and financial reporting.
To access the Billing features area in Hero a person will need administration access.
ACCOUNTING PACKAGE POSTING
As the Billing Module is a feeder into the school’s Accounting Package it has been designed to provide an accurate account of all transactions entered into Hero in a format that can easily be transferred to the external Accounting Package. This is done via a range of reports.
To assist in the financial protection of both the school and staff, transaction processing has, where possible been designed in such a way as to produce an audit trail. This can result in some processes being more complex but more secure.
HERO BILLING TERMINOLOGY
Understanding the TERMINOLOGY in Hero Billing will assist you with understanding the concepts and Helpdesk articles.
- Ledger - The link to your Account Package e.g. Xero. It consist of the Ledger Code and Name e.g. 5000-01 Sport
- Ledger Item - The particular event, activity or contribution that the student is being billed for e.g Basketball Subs
- Line Item - The individual student invoices created for the event, activity or contribution e.g. Joe Bloggs - Basketball Subs - $40
- Payment - The amount applied against an individual student invoice to reduce the amount outstanding
- Adjustment - A non-payment entry applied against an individual student invoice to reduce the amount outstanding i.e. Void, Write Off, Discount