Schools have the option to report progress through either goals or Overall Teacher Judgements (OTJs). These levels are collated at set times throughout the year (milestones) and are recorded against expectations personalised by the school.
This article explains how you can view a snapshot of the current milestones/expectations data in a curriculum area for a class or group of students, and how you can see progress over time.
TO VIEW A MILESTONES / EXPECTATIONS SNAPSHOT
1. Navigate to your class or group page by clicking on Groups and Classes
2. Under the class or group, click the pop up menu
Note: if you are already in your class/group page, you can click on the pop up menu icon at the top right-hand side of your screen
3. Click on INSIGHTS
4. Click on MILESTONES / EXPECTATIONS
5. Select the subject you wish to view data for
6. You will see a key showing the expectations for your school. This may include up to five options (e.g. Well below, Below, At, Above, Well Above) and interim/end milestones. Interim milestones are displayed as faded dots. End milestones are displayed as bold coloured dots. These are customised by your school's leadership team.
7. Within the coloured dots, icons will display for pages that have been set to display page icons and have a post recorded in the current year. Page icons are customised by your school however some commonly used icons include:
Target = Behaviour
Globe = ESOL
Rocket = GATE
Heart = Learning support
Smiley face = Pastoral care
Note: if your group includes both current and former students, you are able to include all data by clicking the three dots menu next to Insights and selecting Include former students
If you are viewing data that includes former students this will be indicated next to the Insights heading.
In the 2022 column, Ayami has a blue faded interim dot indicating she was At the school's expectation. Her end of year bold coloured blue dot indicates she continues to be At the school's expectation. The white globe icon inside the dot shows she has had a post added to her ESOL page in 2022.
In the 2022 column, Annabel has a green faded interim dot indicating she was Above the school's expectation. Her end of year bold coloured yellow dot indicates she is now Well Above the school's expectation. The white rocket icon inside the dot shows she has had a post added to her GATE page in 2022.
In the 2022 column, Catherine has an orange faded interim indicating she was Below the school's expectation. Her end of year bold coloured orange dot indicates she continues to be Below the school's expectation. The heart icon inside the dot shows she has had a post added to her Learning support page in 2022. She has also had posts in the Pastoral care and Behaviour pages.
In the 2022 column, Jeremy has a red faded interim dot indicating he was Well Below the school's expectation. He does not have a bold coloured dot. This indicates data has not been entered for his end-Year milestone.