In Hero, Statements can be either viewed or printed. Viewing statements is the preferred option for these reasons:
- Viewing access rights are set based on a single caregiver for a single student providing greater flexibility for blended families. e.g. a caregiver may be able to view the finances of one child in a family but not another.
- Caregivers can always view the full statement so can easily check historical payments made.
- Caregivers can see full payment details removing the need for non-donation receipts.
- Caregivers can pay line items instantly using the Stripe Credit/Debit Card processing system.
- Finance Officers do not have to print statements.
- Payments are more frequent as finance viewing is always available.
However, it is sometimes necessary for schools to print statements for a selected group of students. This can be achieved quickly using our statement distribution process.
PRINTING STATEMENTS IN BULK
1. Navigate to the Administration menu. If you have a wide-screen device this will already be visible on the left-hand side of your screen. If not, click on the Administration menu icon at the top left-hand side of your screen.
2. Under the heading Administration click on Finance
3. Click STATEMENT DISTRIBUTION
4. Click PRINT. This will take you through a step by step process to select the group of students you wish to include in your print.
Step 1 - Save Time and Paper:
Use the first two settings to reduce your paper by excluding unnecessary statements.
Use the next two 'Include' settings to reduce postage and time by sending them home with students.
Step 2 - Select your Groups:
Your groups selection is refined with each level chosen. Once complete, click NEXT to continue.
- Groups to include (mandatory) - This is your main group and can be one group or multiple groups. Groups can be classes, auto groups, shared groups or your own personal groups. For all current students, choose the 'Current Student' auto group.
- Groups to exclude - You may have a group of students that are excluded from your main selection, e.g. International Students as they pay in advance. Select any groups to be excluded.
- Filter by Year Level - You may only want a particular Year Level within a group e.g. you want to send to only the Year 8s in Rooms 4. Your main group would be Room 4 Filter by Year Level would be Year 8.
Step 3 - Verify Selection:
All current students are displayed. All left or pre-enrolled students with non-zero balances are also displayed. Those highlighted in teal represent the students selected using the criteria from the previous step.
To exclude or include individual students click the Generate statement button below the student's name.
Step 4 - Print Statements:
Scroll to the bottom of the list and click GENERATE STATEMENTS. If your selection needs to be altered click BACK.
5. Statements will download as a single password protected document to your Downloads folder.
FAQ ANSWERS TO DO WITH STATEMENT PRINTING
- All statements are 'family' statements.
- The school address comes from Administration Menu > Options > School Details
- The bank account, GST number and statement messages come from Administration Menu > Finance Options
- A GST column can be included on Statements by clicking the Show Tax Amounts on Statements slider in your Finance Options.
- The 'Send to' information comes from the Account Settings on the student's finance page.
- An item appears in the Donations table if the master Ledger Item has the Donation Flag set.
- The printed statement cannot be customised.