In Hero, Statements can be either viewed or printed. Viewing statements is the preferred option for these reasons:
- Viewing access rights are set based on a single caregiver for a single student providing greater flexibility for blended families. e.g. a caregiver may be able to view the finances of one child in a family but not another.
- Caregivers can always view the full statement so can easily check historical payments made.
- Caregivers can see full payment details removing the need for non-donation receipts.
- Caregivers can pay line items instantly using the Stripe Credit/Debit Card processing system.
- Finance Officers do not have to print statements.
- Payments are more frequent as finance viewing is always available.
When the school requires caregivers to view updated statements, a request to log in can be sent from an individual's finance page to those caregivers who have finance access. This will contain a link to their Hero log in page. Although the statement is seen by the Finance Officer as a 'family' statement, the students visible to the caregiver will only be those with finance access enabled on the individual student's Account Settings.
SENDING A STATEMENT EMAIL OR NOTIFICATION
1. Find the student using one of the search tools available
2. Click on the student Finance ($) icon
3. Click STATEMENTS.
4. Click EMAIL
5. Amend the Subject Line and Message required on the email if necessary and determine which caregivers need to receive this email or notification. Click GENERATE STATEMENT.
6. An email will be sent to the selected caregivers, containing a link to log into their Hero account. A notification will also be sent to their Hero App.