In Hero, Statements can be either viewed or printed. Viewing statements is the preferred option for these reasons:
- Viewing access rights are set based on a single caregiver for a single student providing greater flexibility for blended families. e.g. a caregiver may be able to view the finances of one child in a family but not another.
- Caregivers can always view the full statement so can easily check historical payments made.
- Caregivers can see full payment details removing the need for non-donation receipts.
- Caregivers can pay line items instantly using the Stripe Credit/Debit Card processing system.
- Finance Officers do not have to print statements.
- Payments are more frequent as finance viewing is always available.
When a Finance Officer prints an individual statement, he/she can opt to exclude selected family members from the statement. This is not available when printing statement in bulk. The ability to amend the Account Settings and exclude family members provides greater flexibility in difficult family situations.
PRINTING A STATEMENT
1. Find the student using one of the search tools available
2. Click on the student Finance ($) icon
3. Click STATEMENTS
4. Click PRINT
5. Unclick any siblings you wish to exclude. Click the slider if you wish to exclude fully paid Line Items.
6. Click GENERATE STATEMENT
This process will download a Word format statement to your Downloads folder. This is not protected as it is expected that a paper copy will be produced for the caregiver.
Article is closed for comments.