In Hero, Statements can be either viewed or printed. Viewing statements is the preferred option for these reasons:
- Viewing access rights are set based on a single caregiver for a single student providing greater flexibility for blended families. e.g. a caregiver may be able to view the finances of one child in a family but not another.
- Caregivers can always view the full statement so can easily check historical payments made.
- Caregivers can see full payment details removing the need for non-donation receipts.
- Caregivers can pay line items instantly using the Stripe Credit/Debit Card processing system.
- Finance Officers do not have to print statements.
- Payments are more frequent as finance viewing is always available.
When the school requires caregivers to view updated statements a request to log in can be sent in bulk to caregivers who have finance access. This will contain a link to their Hero log in page.
WHO WILL RECEIVE THE STATEMENT LINK?
The link to view finances will be sent to all caregivers who have finance access turned on and have a non-zero balance on their accounts. The checking of the statement balance is carried out after the selection process so you may have more caregivers selected than statement emails sent. NB: The EMAIL button will be disabled if Email Notifications are turned off in the 'Notification' area of the administration menu.
SEND STATEMENT NOTIFICATION/EMAIL LINK IN BULK
1. Navigate to the Administration menu. If you have a wide-screen device this will already be visible on the left-hand side of your screen. If not, click on the Administration menu icon at the top left-hand side of your screen.
2. Under the heading Administration click on Finance
3. Click STATEMENT DISTRIBUTION
4. Click EMAIL. This will take you through a step by step process to select the group of students you wish to send notifications/emails for.
Step 1 - Email Subject and Message:
Enter the Subject Line and Message for your email. Hero has provided you with a default, but this can be amended to suit the specific situation. Click NEXT.
Step 2 - Select your Groups:
Your groups selection is refined with each level chosen. Once complete, click NEXT to continue.
- Groups to include (mandatory) - This is your main group and can be one group or multiple groups. Groups can be classes, auto groups, shared groups or your own personal groups. For all current students, choose the 'Current Student' auto group.
- Groups to exclude - You may have a group of students that are excluded from your main selection, e.g. International Students as they pay in advance. Select any groups to be excluded.
- Filter by Year Level - You may only want a particular Year Level within a group e.g. you want to send to only the Year 8s in Rooms 4. Your main group would be Room 4 Filter by Year Level would be Year 8.
Step 3 - Verify Selection:
All current students are displayed. All left or pre-enrolled students with non-zero balances are also displayed. Only caregiver with Finance Access set to 'Yes' are made available for selection. These are displayed below the student family groupings. Caregivers are highlighted according to their ability to receive the notification.
- Teal - email is present and they are in the selected group (will receive the notification)
- Grey - email is present but they are not in the selected group
- Pink - no email exists so they cannot receive a notification or be selected
To exclude or include individual students click the grey caregiver button below the student's name.
Step 4 - Send Notifications/Emails:
Scroll to the bottom of the list and click GENERATE STATEMENTS. If your selection needs to be alter click BACK.
Step 5 - Emails/Notifications Sent:
The following screen will confirm the sending of the emails. Click DONE to exit.
5. This is a sample of the email received by the caregiver. Clicking LOG IN TO VIEW STATEMENT will take them directly to the finance page where they can view the line items for the students they have access to.
Article is closed for comments.