Hero provides an array of tools for the analysis of assessment data. In all cases the ability to 'drill down' into the data to identify the students themselves is key.
TO VIEW SCHOOL EXPECTATION DATA
1. Navigate to your class or group page by clicking on Groups and Classes
2. Under the class or group, click the pop up menu
Note: if you are already in your class/group page, you can click on the pop up menu icon at the top left-hand side of your screen.
Note: If you are wanting to analyse data for the whole school you can navigate to your Auto Groups and select Current students.
3. Click on INSIGHTS
4. Click on MILESTONES / EXPECTATIONS
5. You will see a key showing the colours indicating Well below, Below, At, Above and Well Above standard
Note: The colours and expectation wording may be personalised by a Hero software administrator in the Progress Reporting area of the Administration menu.
6. Select the subject from the right-hand drop down menu
7. In the Dots view, a table with coloured dots will display showing the expectation that has been generated for each student for the current year and previous two years.
Icons showing within a coloured dot indicate that a post has been made on the corresponding student page in that year.
8. The data contained within this table can be downloaded as a .csv or Excel file.
9. Columns can be sorted by clicking on the teal column header to group students by Gender, Ethnicity, First schooling date or Current funding year. Clicking on the year column sorts the students by Well above, Above, At, Below and Well below expectation.
10. On this page, you can make a group of students for tracking by ticking the box to the left of the student's name then scrolling to the bottom of the page and clicking on button CREATE A GROUP FROM SELECTION button
11. Choose whether you want the group to show in the My Group or Shared Group area, name your group then click CREATE GROUP
If a student is missing a dot
11. If a student does not have a dot displaying next to their name, this means data needs to be entered. If subject data is being automatically generated and the date is still within the relevant milestone timeframe, adding data can be achieved by updating a goal. If the milestone date has passed and/or the subject data is being generated manually, adding data can be achieved by moving the relevant slider.
12. To view a summary of student progress data for a specific time period, you can change the dots drop-down menu to a relevant timeframe, e.g. Mid 2020
13. Here, an All Students table will display showing data for all students in the school or the class/group selected. The left-hand column shows the expectation judgements and the column headings are the milestones. For each subset of data, a button will display indicating how many students are represented, the percentage and an indication of gender.
14. A summary of this information can also be seen by running your cursor over the button
15. Clicking on the button will show who the students are that the data represents and a group can be created from this for tracking if required.
16. Below the All students summary table are additional tables representing data for the male, female, Māori, Pasifika, Asian, MELLA (Middle Eastern, Latin American, African), and European/Pākehā students.
17. To view a summary of student progress data for a specific time period, you can change the drop-down and select Overview
18. Here, a table will display showing data for the cohort of students selected for the current year and previous two years.
19. Below this, data is displayed for all the students who started at your school at 5 years old and this can also be seen as a graph.