In Hero you can add examples/success criteria to goals to help teachers, caregivers and students understand what is expected when working on this goal. Examples can be text or links to external resources such as websites or video resources.
ADDING A GOAL EXEMPLAR
1. Navigate to the Administration menu. If you have a wide-screen device this will already be visible on the left-hand side of your screen. If not, click on the Administration menu icon at the top left-hand side of your screen.
2. Under the heading Site Setup select Goals
3. Click on the goal subject
4. Either create a new goal (see step 17 in Adding or Editing a Set of Goals) or locate the goal to which you are adding an exemplar and click the pencil icon
5. In the Goal Exemplar box enter your exemplar. You can use the Link icon to insert a hyperlink to any online material
6. Click SAVE GOAL
VIEWING GOAL EXEMPLARS
Goal exemplars can be viewed by staff members, caregivers and students.
Viewing an exemplar as a staff member
Staff members can view the goal exemplar on any student in these places:
1. Navigate to the students' NEXT STEPS page
Goals with exemplars will show a teal (?) EXAMPLE button. Click this to view the exemplar.
2. Navigate to the students Current Report Page
Click SEE ALL GOALS AS A MATRIX at the bottom of any goal section
Goals with an exemplar will show a teal (?) EXAMPLE button. Click this to view the exemplar.
To view an exemplar as a staff member or caregiver on the Current Report Page:
Navigate to the student's Current Report Page
Any current goals with an exemplar will show a teal question mark next to them.
Note: the (i) icon will not be visible from the Caregiver view in the Hero Staff app or when logged in as a Caregiver.
Click the Teal ? icon to view the exemplar information.
In this case the exemplar is accessible by clicking "This Exemplar" which is linked to a document in Google Drive
To view an exemplar as a student:
1. When logged into Hero, navigate to Goal Setting in the side menu
2. Click (?) EXAMPLE at the bottom of any goal with an exemplar attached to view.