Hero's list builder allows you to create a list of information generated from fields within students' enrolment information pages for all students in a class or group.
This is the easiest way for a teacher to create and print a list of the students in their class.
1. Click on the Quick Links icon (three lines) located on the right-hand side of the screen.
2. Click on List Builder
3. Select the information you would like included in your list by ticking the relevant fields.
You can choose to include Current, Pre-enrolled and/or Leavers in your list by ticking these options at the top.
You can clear your selections by clicking RESET SELECTIONS
Note: If you are a site administrator ensure that STUDENTS is selected under the List Builder heading so that you build a list of student information. The other options are not available to staff without administrator access.
4. Click on the Create a list icon on the bottom right-hand side of the screen.
If you would like to add more fields to your list, click BACK TO LIST BUILDER at the top of your screen. Your previous selections will be retained and you can simply click to add or remove more.
To start again click CLEAR ALL SELECTIONS to remove all check marks.
5. Once your list is created, you can use filtering and sorting to make the data you are viewing more relevant to you.
To select a specific class or group begin typing the name in the Filter by Group box and click on the group you require from the drop down options. Multiple selections can be added. The Groups available for selection will be all Auto Groups, all Shared Groups and you own My Groups.
To select a specific year level or levels type the year level you require and click on the drop down options to select:
You can sort your list by clicking on any column heading, e.g. to put your list into alphabetical order by first name, click on the heading First Name (preferred):
Please see the article Filtering and Sorting Lists for more options.
6. You can then use the DOWNLOAD AS CSV, DOWNLOAD AS EXCEL or PRINT buttons to create a file for emailing or printing. If you wish, you can rename your list for printing by clicking Custom List and typing your own heading.