All student information is stored in fields within sections. Most of the sections you will see are core Hero sections, however an Administrator can add new sections and fields to hold data specific to your school.
To add new sections and fields go to Creating and Maintaining School Information Fields.
The Enrolment process will ensure that all mandatory fields have been entered, but checking fields for formatting and content is still a vital part of the enrolment process.
VIEWING AND EDITING STUDENT INFORMATION
1. Find the student using one of the search tools available
2. Click on the student Information (i) icon
3. Click on the Section heading you require
The section you are in will be displayed in blue and underlined and the fields for that section will be displayed.
4. Make your changes
As changes are made, the amended field will turn orange to indicate that it needs to be saved and the SAVE icon will appear in the bottom right of your screen. You are able to make changes to multiple sections before saving.
5. Once all changes have been made, click SAVE.
EDITING THE DIFFERENT FIELD TYPES
Hero fields can have several different entry types. Most are text fields with free-flow entry, however these are examples of other types you will come across.
Date - enter date or click the arrow at the end of the line to select from the calendar
Radio Button - click one option only
Checkbox - click as many options as apply
Slider - click to change from Off to On or visa versa
Select - choose one entry from the drop down list. Tap the space bar or start typing to activate the list, then choose the one you need.
Multiple Select - as for Select but several selections can be entered into the same field
KEY INFORMATION FOR OFFICE ADMINISTRATORS
1. Attending to add an NSN to a student who already exists in another Hero school can only be carried out by the Hero Helpdesk team. A pop message will advise you to contact the helpdesk to complete this task.
2. The omission of some fields will result in school numbers and analysis being inaccurate.
I can’t find my student under Find People – the legal/preferred names are not entered or are not what you expect; the student does not have a year level or class assigned.
My funding year level counts are not correct – a student type is missing; a first-schooling date is missing or incorrect.