Hero is designed to be flexible to meet the varied needs of different school contexts. School administrators can add tags which staff can select when posting. This enables schools to gather data.
TO ADD A NEW SET OF TAGS
1. Navigate to the Administration menu. If you have a wide-screen device this will already be visible on the left-hand side of your screen. If not, click on the Administration menu icon at the top left-hand side of your screen.
2. Under the heading Site Setup select Pages
3. Select TAGS from the options across the top of the screen
4. Click the red + icon at the bottom right-hand side of the page
5. Name your new set of tags and click SAVE CATEGORY
6. Locate the new set of tags in the list of tag categories and click on the title
7. Click the red + icon at the bottom right-hand side of the page and add the tag name
8. To save the tag either click SAVE TAG & ADD ANOTHER or to add a further tag tap Enter/ Return on your keyboard
9. When you have entered all the tags you require, click SAVE TAG AND CLOSE
Once all the tags you require have been entered, you can rearrange these into the order you require.
1. Click ENABLE SORTING
2. Click and drag the tags to rearrange
3. When the tags are in the order you require, click STOP SORTING
MAKING A SET OF TAGS VISIBLE ON A PAGE
Once you have created a set of tags you will need to select the page you want them to display on. To do this:
1. Click on Student Pages (or Staff Pages as applicable)
2. Locate the page you would like the tags to display on and click EDIT
3. Scroll down to the Post Tags field and start typing the name of the set of tags. This will display the relevant options for you to select from.
Note: The order you select the tag sets is the order these will display on the page.
4. Click SAVE PAGE