The process of unenrolling students can be carried out from an individual student or via a bulk process. The bulk process can be used to unenrol your highest year level in the last two months of the year or the first two months of the following year. You may also wish to utilise it to unenrol pending leavers at the end of a term if you have a transient community.
A student cannot be officially unenrolled until their last attendance has been taken. This is due to the feature available to automatically move this student from your school in ENROL.
An administrator can change the enrolment status of a student from the individual student.
1. Find the student using the search tools available.
2. Click the pop up menu icon.
3. Click Manage Student.
4. Click UNENROL <Student Name>.
5. Enter the Leaving date and Reason for leaving.
Note: The Leaving date can be in the future. This will create a Leaver Pending Processing that can be processed from the bulk process (see below) when the time comes.
6. If the student is transferring to another school in New Zealand, additional details will be requested i.e. Destination School, Destination Area and Issues to flag to the next school. Start typing the name of the Destination School to get a selection list to choose from.
7. If the Reason for leaving implies that the student is leaving school (i.e. End of Schooling, Expulsion) a Post-school Activity will be requested.
8. Once complete click UNENROL.
9. The enrolment status of your student has now been changed from Enrolled to Unenrolled.
10. If the student's Last Attendance date was today or earlier, the ENROL update screen will be displayed. Click NOW if you wish to update ENROL immediately or LATER to add this student to the bulk ENROL update.
Note: Final attendance must have been taken on each student that you wish to unenrol using the bulk process. You will be shown the following message detailing any students you have attempted to unenrol that cannot be processed due to incomplete attendance. Please complete their attendance and repeat the bulk unenrolment process. (You can use the pre-made attendance reports to find the missing mark(s).
If your school is finishing at midday, the afternoon periods will need to be marked in order to prevent this message. Alternatively, leave the bulk unenrol until the following day.
From the Administration Menu select Enrolments > Bulk Unenrol Students
Bulk Unenrol Your Highest Year Level
Do this at the end of your school year to unenrol your highest year level. If a future last attendance date is entered, then these students will be considered Leavers Pending Processing and will need to be fully Unenrolled using the Leavers Pending Processing process once the date entered has been reached.
1. If you are unenrolling your leavers just after school finishes and you are still in the current academic year, click on SELECT THIS YEAR'S <highest year level> STUDENTS. If you failed to do this and their year levels have been incremented, click on SELECT LAST YEAR'S <highest year level> STUDENTS.
Note: To prevent errors when using the bulk unenrol feature, SELECT THIS YEAR'S STUDENT is only enabled in the last 2 months of the academic year and SELECT LAST YEAR'S STUDENTS is only enabled in the first 2 months of the academic year. Contact the Hero Customer Support team if you need to action a bulk unenrol outside these time constraints.
1b. Enter the default leaving date (the last day of school) and the default reason. These two fields can be changed for individual students in the next step. If you have failed to perform this task at the end of the year, an extra year level has been added to enable you to unenrol your students in January (after their year level has been incremented).
2. Click SHOW STUDENTS.
3. All students matching this year level will be displayed for processing.
4. The leaving information can be amended for individual students. Click the cog icon to amend the Destination Area, Indicators and Post-school Activity. (NB: The cog selection will vary according to the selected Reason for Leaving based on ENROL Integration requirements.
5. If a student is repeating their last year and WILL NOT be leaving, click RETAIN STUDENT to take them out of the leavers' list.
6. Click PROCESS ALL LISTED STUDENTS to process. If the leaving date is in the future, students will become Leavers Pending Processing and will need to be processed at the later date.
Bulk Unenrol Leavers Pending Processing
Do this at the end of a term or the year for any student who has been made a Leaver Pending Processing. These may be students of other year levels or you may have processed your highest year level in advance.
For student who are not your highest year level, perform the Individual Process (above) once you have been advised that the student is leaving. Ensure that the last attendance for these students has been taken before completing this process.
1. Click SELECT PENDING LEAVERS. The date and reason are not required, as this information has already been entered when creating the leaver pending processing.
4) Click SHOW STUDENTS.
5) All students who have a leaving date equal to or before today's date will be displayed for processing as above. Click RETAIN STUDENT for any you do not wish to process.
6) Click PROCESS ALL LISTED STUDENTS.
7) All unenrolled students need to be updated in ENROL. You will be provided with the option to upload these immediately UPLOAD NOW or at a later date UPLOAD LATER. Selecting UPLOAD LATER will add them to the ENROL bulk update Leavers table.