The process of unenrolling students can be carried out from an individual student or via a bulk process. The bulk process is generally only used at the end of the year or the end of a term if you have a transient community.
A student cannot be officially unenrolled until their last attendance has been taken. This is due to the feature available to automatically move this student from your school in ENROL.
An administrator can change the enrolment status of a student from the individual student.
1. Find the student using the search tools available.
2. Click the pop up menu icon.
3. Click Manage Student.
4. Click UNENROL <Student Name>.
5. Enter the Leaving date and Reason for leaving.
Note: The Leaving date can be in the future. This will create a Pending Leaver that can be processed from the bulk process (see below) when the time comes.
6. If the student is transferring to another school in New Zealand, additional details will be requested i.e. Destination School, Destination Area and Issues to flag to the next school. Start typing the name of the Destination School to get a selection list to choose from.
7. If the Reason for leaving implies that the student is leaving school (i.e. End of Schooling, Expulsion) a Post-school Activity will be requested.
8. Once complete click UNENROL.
9. The enrolment status of your student has now been changed from Enrolled to Unenrolled.
10. If the student's Last Attendance date was today or earlier, the ENROL update screen will be displayed. Click NOW if you wish to update ENROL immediately or LATER to add this student to the bulk ENROL update.
From the Administration Menu select Enrolments > Bulk Unenrol Students
Bulk Unenrol Your Highest Year Level
Do this at the end of your school year to unenrol your highest year level. If a future last attendance date is entered, then these students will be considered Pending Leavers and will need to be fully Unenrolled using the Pending Leavers process once the date entered has been reached.
1. Click on your Highest Year Level using the buttons supplied. Enter the default leaving date (the last day of school) and the default reason. These two fields can be changed for individual students in the next step.
2. Click SHOW STUDENTS.
3. All students matching this year level will be displayed for processing.
4. The leaving information can be amended for individual students.
5. If a student is repeating their last year and WILL NOT be leaving, click RETAIN STUDENT to take them out of the leavers' list.
6. Click PROCESS ALL LISTED STUDENTS to process. If the leaving date is in the future, students will become pending leavers and will need to be processed at the later date.
Bulk Unenrol Pending Leavers
Do this at the end of a term or the year for any student who has been made a Pending Leaver. These may be students of other year levels or you may have processed your highest year level in advance.
For student who are not your highest year level, perform the Individual Process (above) once you have been advised that the student is leaving. Ensure that the last attendance for these students has been taken before completing this process.
1. Click PENDING LEAVERS. The date and reason are not required, as this information has already been entered when creating the pending leaver.
4) Click SHOW STUDENTS.
5) All students who have a leaving date equal to or before today's date will be displayed for processing. Click RETAIN STUDENT for any you do not wish to process.
6) Click PROCESS ALL LISTED STUDENTS.