A staff member cannot log into Hero until their staff account has been created. This must include the email address which is the key component when logging in. A staff member must have a unique email address that cannot be used as a contact email if they are a parent or caregiver of a student at their school or another Hero school.
If a staff member returns after a period away from the school, their original staff account can be reactivated.
Staff members are able to edit their own personal information but only Administrators can edit staff permissions.
TO ADD A STAFF MEMBER
1. Navigate to the Administration Menu and click on Staff Members
2. Click the + in the bottom right corner of the screen to add a new staff member.
3. Enter the Basic Details.
Name and Email Address must be entered.
4. Click the Section headings to add other staff detail.
5. Click SAVE.
6. Refresh your browser window to view your new staff member's profile. Click the pop up menu icon on the new staff member.
7. Click ADMIN PAGE.
8. Click the sliders to set the required permissions for this staff member.
Is currently employed at Hero - sets if this staff member is able to log in (currently employed) or not able to log in (no longer employed) your school Hero site
Is a Hero Administrator for Hero - sets if this staff member is a site administrator for your Hero site. This allows the user access to the Administration Menu where to key office administration features and site customisation settings are found. This access level is needed for School Leaders and Office Administrators.