Subscriptions are a really powerful feature of Hero, giving you the ability to control the flow of information that you receive about posts.
For example, you can use subscriptions to subscribe to notifications every time a post is written about an individual student on a Learning Support page. Or you may want to be notified when any post is created with a specific tag.
Note: Before using subscriptions, please make sure that notifications are turned on for your school (see the help article Post Notifications). If you are using the Hero App on a mobile device and have turned on notifications, you will be notified via push notification, if not you will be notified via email.
MANAGE YOUR SUBSCRIPTIONS
1. Click on your profile image (top right corner)
2. Select MANAGE SUBSCRIPTIONS. This will bring up a page where you can add and remove subscriptions.
3. To add a new subscription, click on the Plus in the bottom right corner.
4. Select either a group or an individual student for each subscription (You can have as many subscriptions as you like).
5. Select a page that you would like to be notified of new content (if you do not select a group or student, you will be notified of all posts shared on the chosen page).
6. If you wish, select a tag that you would be notified for. You will only be able to select from the list of tags that are available on the selected page.
7. Click SAVE SUBSCRIPTION
Each time a post is made that meets the criteria of any of your subscriptions, you will be sent a notification. Notifications are sent as a push notification to the Hero app if you have it installed (and notifications turned on) or as an email.
8. To remove a subscription click the rubbish bin icon next to the subscription you wish to remove
9. Click DELETE SUBSCRIPTION to confirm
Note: Staff members of schools that are using the Hero Premier package are also able to subscribe to notifications of posts made to the Staff Feed and notifications of absences reported by parent's through the Hero app. See the following help articles for instructions: