Paying multiple line items with a single payment is a very straight forward process in Hero and it includes the ability to accept overpayments in the same process. This process is available from two different entry points within your billing module.
1. Quick Links - when processing your bank statement, it is more streamlined to use the Quick Links entry point, however this will name match across all families when displaying unpaid Line Items so selecting the family you need may often be confusing.
2. Via a Student - this adds an extra step to the process, as you need to go into a student first but this has the added advantage of only displaying unpaid Line Items for that family only. It also permits the adding of Payment in advance to any family member.
PAYING MULTIPLE LINE ITEMS VIA QUICK LINKS
1. Navigate to and click the Search icon
2. Enter the Amount received and the First or Last Name of the student or bill payer, in the search box (do not enter the $). Click SELECT.
3. Enter the Payment information in the top section of the screen
The 'Amount', 'Payment Method' and 'Date' are mandatory. The 'Paid by' is optional but advisable as this will be printed on receipts.
To speed up the entry of the Paid by, buttons will exist for all caregivers who have finance access enabled. Click the button to fill the Paid by field with that name. Alternatively, another name can be entered.
You will note that the 'Amount remaining to allocated' is set to the amount entered. This will reduce as lines are selected for payment. Once this is $0.00 the 'Submit Payments' button will become available.
4. Allocate the payment using the following steps.
Step 1 - Select the line items to consider for payment
Hero will find all unpaid Line Items for any student or caregiver who matches the name entered in the search. Click Apportion This for any Line Item that you wish to include for this payment. DO NOT be concerned by the amount at this point as this can be adjusted in the next step.
All Line Items clicked will now appear above the 'Amount remaining to allocate' total line. The amount will default to the amount owing, whilst reducing based on how much is left to spend.
Step 2: Apportion the payment
Adjust the amounts to suit your requirements. To remove a line item, click the X at the end of the line.
Step 3: Allocate overpayments
If the payment exceeded the amount owing on the Line Items for this family, the remaining amount can be added as a Payment in advance. Click the drop down arrow to select the student who is to receive the Payment in advance.
Note: In this instance it will only display students who have been already selected as this indicates they are in the same family. Click GO.
The Payment in advance will join the payment list. Reducing the Payment in advance amount will allow you to add the remaining PIA to another sibling.
Step 4: Submit the Payment
Once the apportionment has been done, click SUBMIT PAYMENT to process the payment.
Note: this button will only be available if the amount remaining to allocate is $0.00.
5. The Receipt option screen will now be displayed. To receipt the payment, click PRINT RECEIPT, otherwise EXIT. The receipt will download to your Download's Folder as a separate document.
PAYING MULTIPLE LINE ITEMS VIA A STUDENT
1. Find the student using one of the search tools available. Any student in the family can be chosen.
2. Click on the student Finance ($) icon
3. Click PAY MULTIPLE LINE ITEMS from the buttons displayed
4. Repeat Steps 1 - 4 above
The only variance from these steps is that only unpaid line items for this family will be displayed and any current student in the family will be available to receive a Payment in advance.